July 15th, 2015
Summertime is coming to a close here in Nashville, and as we wrap up these hot summer months all sweet, Southern, pregnant mommas can rejoice because the cool fall air will soon be here to help welcome in their new, little bundles of joy.
Whether or not you are expecting, we, here at team EOH, believe that every life (especially the tiny ones!) deserves big recognition! We, as stationers, have the unique opportunity to recognize the change and growth that each new season in life brings you. As you celebrate and treasure each moment with your little one, EOH would love to help you share pieces of your joy with the community around you.
Using classic prints and an elegant cursive font, this announcement will present the immeasurable gift of your beautiful baby.
For the more personalized mommas, we will help you customize your paper or envelope with a watercolor design or a personal calligraphy design giving you a unique, creative, one-of-a-kind birth announcement.
With hand-stitched details and preppy font, this darling “Charlie” print grabs the attention and smile of every recipient!
Made for the natural and minimalistic family-to-be, our happy, dotted envelope liners capture your new addition and highlight the necessity for simplicity—even in celebration.
In our selection, we hope you find a variety of announcements to help you celebrate all the new happiness in your life!
Now, stop reading this blog and go take a nap!
Photos Courtesy of Madding McFadden & Team EOH
April 8th, 2015
Spring is a season full of celebrations & showers…from babies and birthdays to weddings and graduations, there is always a party right around the corner! Hosting a baby shower?! You’re in luck- We’ve handpicked our favorite pieces for an easy (gender-neutral!) spring baby shower. Inspired by the changing landscape, go with a natural color palette full of greens and neutrals + bright accents of gold! Shop our picks below…
* Here at EOH, we believe the invitation is the perfect place to start! Set a tone for the event’s style & give guests a clue of what’s to come (from the minute they open their mailbox!). We got inspired by this spring green invite that features a modern dot background paired with a darling floral garland illustration. After we picked out this pretty paper, we knew we wanted to move in the direction of simple + modern, yet thoughtful + cute. Emily O. Holmes Custom Lovelies has a large line of ready-to-order baby shower invitations!
* We love this gorgeous gold (yet grown-up!) menagerie by Dwell Studio. It can double as a centerpiece at the party and nursery decor after the fact.
* Let guests know the celebration has begun with these (absolutely adorable!) confetti push-pops from Thimblepress. We loved this metallic look, but they make a variety of color selections (…even blue & pink for a gender reveal party!).
* Bring all this gorgeous green inside with a classic boxwood wreath like this affordable option by Smith & Hawken. Attach the first letter of the new baby’s name and hang over a mirror…or lay flat as a centerpiece and fill with cream & gold candles.
* We adore this vintage-style letter banner you can use to spell out the baby’s future name! (Keeping the baby’s name a secret?! Use their last name instead & spell out “Baby ___”) Send this home with the mama-to-be as a gift to be used in the nursery later.
* How perfectly playful are these metallic gold party hats?! Add an element of fun by placing these hats in the center of each dinner plate or stringing them about the space…(or let any of the children present don this celebratory crown!).
* Food doesn’t have to be fancy to feel elegant…Host a wine + cheese shower! Pile this chic wood + marble cheese board high with fruits, nuts, meats, and cheeses for a sophisticated (& super easy) party snack.
* Echo the confetti push-pops with these happy dotted napkins. The scattered gold spots add a touch of whimsy while the thick cream cotton feels refined. Plus, these would be a great set to add to your linen collection!
* Finish off the table decor with these scalloped heart coasters at each place setting. The sweet heart is a thoughtful touch as you celebrate the new little love coming into the world!
Welcome Spring & Happy Celebration Season from the Team at EOH!
October 29th, 2014
EOH owners Wade and Emily recently celebrated their daughter’s first birthday with a simple + sweet backyard gathering. Surrounded by friends and family, they snacked on Elsie’s favorite treats, sipped on pink lemonade, and watched the little ones play on quilts. This darling party was filled with thoughtful touches that made the day feel like a sentimental celebration that reflected their baby girl.
With a paper-lovin’ mama like Emily, guests had to be invited to the party with something extra adorable…Cue birthday candle invitations from EOH! These letterpress invites were pressed in bright kelly green with a touch of pink and cobalt blue envelopes (with pink envelope liners!). Beautiful pressing done by Beth Lehman and Hand-lettered envelopes by Mary Dea Heldman. It set the tone for a simple but playful start to the party decor.
Wade and Emily loved the sweet idea of having a menu inspired by their baby’s favorite things! Elsie’s most-loved snacks included goldfish and cheerios. They also threw in some of mama’s favorite snacks when preggers: blueberry doughnut holes and pumpkin muffins, and daddy’s favorites: a cheese plate and his secret, homemade salsa!
Such a fun touch! Guests were treated to champagne cocktails with personality…Featuring pink lemonade, St. Germain, and limes, these sips were the perfect treat for parents to have in hand while relaxing in the great weather and watching the kiddos run around, play croquet and ride the vintage toy horse!
As far as first birthday’s go – Elsie did not TOUCH her cupcake! Either she is like her daddy and does not like sweets and/or she is having major texture issues. She was happy when she got a potatoe chip instead! All her favorite friends were present. Have you ever seen a cuter guest line-up?! Pictured above are her future besties, the Mooney twins, Caroline and Bailey! And they had to get a snapshot of all the kiddos, just to document each year how they grow! Fun was had by all ages during this thoughtful, no-fuss celebration on a gorgeous September afternoon in Nashville. Happy Birthday, Elsie! We can’t believe you’re already one!
To see more adorable birthday party invitations designed by Elsie’s mama, scroll through our selection here!
Thanks to some of our fave photogs Camille Blinn Photography & Mary Deaton Studios for the photos!